MAIN SUPPLY SOURCES:
- Craft Supplies USA - Woodturning Supplies - major supplier of everything woodturning. We get a limited number of small gift certificates to Craft Supplies annually and use these a gifts at meetings and events occassionally.
- Packard Woodworks - Woodturning Supplies
- Penn State Industries - Woodturning Supplies
- Woodworker's Supply – Woodworking Supplies - tools and supplies for all woodworking endeavors
- Woodworkers Emporium - another supplier of almost everything woodturning and woodworking
- Lee Valley - Tools - some unique stuff that is Lee Valley specific, as well as handling the Veritas line up.
- Industrial Abrasives - Sandpaper - This site has anything and everything related to abrasive matierials in any shape or application at wholesale like pricing, depending on volume of order. Many of us use IA and are very pleased with the price and products.
- Klingspors - Sandpaper
- Royce Sales - Sandpaper
- Turningwood - Sandpaper
- J and M Fabrication - Recommended by club member Gene Turner
- Chef Specialties - Salt And Pepper Mill parts and supplies
Bandsaw Blades and Supplies:
- Suffolk Machinery (Timber Wolf) - Bandsaw Blades
- R & D Bandsaws - Bandsaw Blades
- Supercut Bandsaw - Bandsaw Blades (Rathdrum)
- Central Saw Works - Spokane on Freya across from the big NAPA store. Custom blades to any length and specification. Very fast turn around time. Also sharpening of good circular saw blades, re-carbiding tips, etc. Responsive and pleasant local shop !
Specialty Turning Tools or Supplies
- Carter Products : Carter products have been around for band saws for many years. Their new line of products for lathes include hollowing devices, steady rests, and various jigs for specific projects. At all the woodturner shows, Carter is a company that is enthusiastic about turning!
- Dave Schweitzer's Premium Woodturning Tools - Tools
- KMS Tools - Tools
- Lyle Jamieson - Tools and fixtures, especially for deep hollowing. Instructional materials.
- Woodworker Network - Hardwoods, Exotics, Live Edge Slabs - Addy, WA, located just North of Spokane near Colville.. Lots of wood, tools and supplies.
- Best Wood Tools : This is a pretty weird supplier. Baxter design threading mill fixture (expensive but fantastic looking!), adapters for all threads and morse tapers, extenders, tool rests, other custom machining pieces.
- Hunter Tool Systems Hunter is a maker of carbide cutters and cutting bars. High quality, price in accord !
- Your Woodturning Tools: Offers Crown Tools
- Harrison Specialties Harrison is a pretty eclectic source, everything from carbide cutters, boring bars, jigs and fixtures. One inexpensive articulated hollowing system looks interesting.
- Berea Hardwoods - Wood
- Australian Burls - A major US supplier of ethically cut Australian woods including unique burls. Owner is a fantastic turner, and looking at his work on his pages is a truly humbling experience, but one that is a lesson in excellent design and execution.
- Cook Woods/ - Portland, Oregon-based supplier of quality wood in various forms
LATHE AND EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS OF INTEREST: Order of the listing is not meant to be a recommendation, listed in the order that came to mind
- Serious Toolworks : Serious makes one large lathe with 25" throw and many good, heavy duty tools as well as a cam lock handle.
- Powermatic: Powermatic makes two full size lathes, 24 and 20" throws, as well as one short bed lathe.
- Oneway: Oneway is a Canadian company that makes everything woodturning ! From various size lathes to tools and accessories, lots to spend your dollars on !
- Jet Tools: Owned by the same company as Powermatic, Jet has taken the market by storm ! Lots of sizes and configurations of lathes available from Mini's to Midi's as well as full size.
- Vicmarc: Vicmarc makes a full line of lathes as well as accessories including chucks and jaws as well as other fixtures and tools. One lathe is a sit down model, designed for those that prefer/need to sit while turning.
- Delta Machinery: Most of us probably learned to turn on old Delta machines in Middle School or High School. Delta has a midi lathe in it's modern fleet, as well as accessories for all it's past models.
- Grizzly: Grizzly makes just about everything ! Wide selection of lathe sizes and price ranges.
- Stubby Lathe USA: Stuby was made in Australia by Omega, and the lathe is no longer made, but the company remains alive, with support of it's products, Oneway products, and hopes for a new designed "super lathe" in the future.
- Laguna Lathes: Laguna Tools has come on strong in the woodturning market with new lathes and accessories. Laguna now offers inexpensive entry-level lathes all the way up through production lathes.
General Interest and General Hardware Links:
- McMaster-Carr: McMaster-Carr has EVERYTHING. If it exists, they probably have it. they do not discount, but service is fantastic and prices are always reasonable. ANYTHING hardware, they have it !
Tutorials and Information:
Useful articles or videos that are interesting, educational and of proven value to both the novice and the experienced turner
- Turning Green Wood - Tutorial on Turning Green Wood
- Stuart Batty videos - Stuart Batty combines his unique heritage with thirty-five years of experience as a world-class instructor to perfecting the art of woodturning.
- Woodturning Videos - 100's of Instructional Videos
- Doc Green Woodturner : Many articles with good illustrations and some videos, especially of use to beginners and novice turners.
- Wood Turning - Beginners Guide #1 - A Goblet : This is a youtube series by Mike Waldt from beginning turning demonstration and projects through to advanced techniques. This guy's approach is delightful and very understandable. Work through the video's and become a better turner !
- Russ's Corner - Russ Fairfield's Collected Essays on Woodturning Topics
- Reed Gray aka Robo Hippy - Instructional Videos
- The Woodturner's Workshop - Woodturning Resources, Articles & Videos
- Woodcentral - Forum
- Sawmill Creek - Forum
- AAW Forum - Forum
- Woodturners Unlimited - Forum and articles of interest in woodturning
- Arizona Woodturners Association - Located in Tempe, AZ
If you have suggestions for other links or to report broken links, please use this form below:
318total visits,3visits today