- The club meets on the first Thursday of the month in person and via Zoom when applicable.
- In the Fall, meetings are at Ferris High School’s woodworking shop.
- In the Summer, meeting locations vary, see your e-mail for the most up-to-date information!
- Meetings feature demonstrations from club members, local artists and world-renowned woodturners as well as a completed works show-off table, a Bring Back Bag monthly turning challenge, a wood/blank raffle, and more!
- The 2022 demonstration schedule is here and all of our events may be found on the calendar.
- Members can obtain resources/photos/videos of our past events here.
- Every third Saturday, the club hosts a hands-on Mentoring Workshop where experienced turners are on hand to help members hone a technique, tool, or answer any questions you may have on a specific project.
- As of June 2022, 3rd Saturday mentoring is at Riverview Retirement Community’s woodworking shop
- Mentoring sessions are on the first Saturday of the month for current club members at the Vet’s Garage in Spokane. Vet’s Garage members also benefit from mentoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Club members help mentor local high and middle school students who are interested in woodworking and woodturning.
- Members who are new to woodturning or do not have their own equipment can take part in our Lend-a-Lathe Program and borrow a midi lathe!
- Unlimited access to our woodturning video and book library and past demonstration handouts.
- Wood! Members coordinate to gather, cut and store FOG logs (Found on Ground) or recently cut trees from all around the Inland Northwest for distribution to club members for a small fee. Club members also bring wood blanks and/or tools to every member meeting for the raffle!
- Club members post for sale or wanted tools, chucks, lathes, chainsaws and more in our monthly member newsletter.
- Follow us on Facebook to see some of our members’ work!
Membership is $35, payable online or by cash/check at a meeting. Checks may be made out to INW or Inland Northwest Woodturners.
Anyone can donate to the club! Dues and donations help the club educate and encourage woodturning and provide quality demonstrations from world class artists and woodworkers! You can donate in increments of $10 and all donations are fully tax deductible. A receipt can be provided if requested.
Everyone is welcome to subscribe and receive our monthly newsletter by e-mail! We will not use or sell your information for any other purpose than the newsletter.
Site Use Agreement
It is the intent of the Inland Northwest Woodturners website to provide an enjoyable and educational community for all woodturners.
If you do not agree to the following terms and conditions of the following agreement, you may not access any material on this website:
- All content must relate to woodturning or the INW Club.
- Content must not advertise or promote a product that is not approved by the Board.
- We have the right to remove, edit, or relocate any content that we feel violates these standards.
- INW does not allow discrimination of any type, including, but not limited to: race, gender, sexual orientation, or woodturning ability.
- We reserve the right to terminate membership per the terms of our bylaws.