New Member Resources
- Mentoring “Learn to Turn” by one of our members at the Riverview Facility
- Library The Inland Northwest Woodturners has a library of books, past demonstration handouts, and video media which are available to club members at no cost. The list of library materials is here. You may ask for materials at the monthly club meeting or by contacting a member of the board.
- Membership Directory Set up your member profile and add yourself to the directory . Here, you may upload a profile and background picture, personal/artist’s statement to tell other members about what you turn and why.
- Wood Members coordinate to gather, cut and store FOG logs (Found on Ground) or recently cut trees from all around the Inland Northwest for distribution to club members for a small fee. Club members also bring wood blanks and/or tools to every member meeting for the raffle!
- Forum On the Inland Northwest Woodturners Club, members post items they have for sale or free, ask for items available purchase or trade, post their recent turnings, and discuss wood species, tools, and any events of interest.
Video Source is an online tool that offers access to useful online woodturning videos prescreened by the AAW for quality content and safety. The videos are searchable by topic area and keywords, and users are invited to recommend videos for inclusion. Video Library, offers an expanding online video collection to help to make the learning process more engaging. These videos have been pre-screened by the AAW for quality content and safety. Woodturning Calendar, offers a schedule of upcoming chapter and demonstrator events, exhibitions, classes, symposia, and more. Forum is a member-moderated online community ideal for sharing work and ideas, obtaining feedback, and connecting with other woodturning enthusiasts. Separate online registration is required.
If you have a disability or know someone who has, this video from ICWS talks about disabilities in woodturning.